Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Matthew had an appointment yesterday with Cardiology and they gave us the go ahead to take out the NG tube. Now, for the first time in a month, Matthew is completely free of any wires or tubes!!! He is doing awesome. The doctor also said that his first two heart caths and biopsy's looked perfect so we get to wait for another month to repeat his next one. For the time being, we only have two appointments weekly where they will check his blood, do an echo, and go over his ever changing and adjusting list of medications. Matthew is even getting used to the doctor's office routine. The other day when we were at an appointment, the cardiologist said "now I better take a listen to Matthew." Matthew jumped off my lap, walked over to the doctor and lifted up his shirt. Then he turned around so she could listen to his back. After she was done Matthew excitedely ran over to me and exclaimed "I did it!!!"

Today was the first weekday I have had Josh and Luke back at home without doctor's appointments and it was wonderful!! We felt somewhat normal and are getting into a summer routine. Joshua and Luke are best friends. I love to see their relationship develop, especially through the difficult times. They also LOVE playing with Matthew. Matthew follows them around all day long. Joshua told me that Matthew is like a toy that got a new battery. The toy is the same, but because of the battery the toy has much more energy. I always love how Joshua explains things so perfectly....

4 comments:

  1. Love it! That is so great! what a journey you have been on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Josh is such a sweetie. That's great that you're getting into a routine, and that Matthew is doing so well! I loved the story of him at the dr's office... So cute. And hurray for being tube-free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - so glad things are going so well. I love the battery analogy - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for the new battery! I am so glad that he is now NG tubeless and that the appointments are slowing down a little. We continue to pray for Matthew daily. I am so excited that you are a blogger now! This is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete