Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Today is Matthew's three week mark from his initial transplalnt surgery. When I think of what has happened during that time, my head starts to spin. It feels like it's been three months, not three weeks.

Matthew is still recovering, but he is doing awesome! He is doing things he's never done before. The other day, he was playing in the living room and just took off in a sprint. Me and Matt looked at each other with amazement and wondered if what we had just seen had really happened. Matthew has much more energy then he has ever had and he is sleeping less (he was sleeping 18 hours a day prior to surgery). The other day he wanted his blankie from upstairs in his room so I went up to get it. By the time I got the blanket and turned around to bring it to him- Matthew had made it halfway up the stairs and WASN'T lying down taking a breather in the middle of the stairwell like he used to. Yesterday Matthew had an appointment with his pediatrician and she was amazed out how well he looked. She told me that the last time she saw him, prior to surgery, he looked like a tired old man. Since transplant he looks like a totally different child she said.

Josh and Luke finally come home Friday and I CANNOT wait!!! I am hardly ever away from my kids, so this has been a difficult challenge for me, and them. Matthew told me he was mad at Josh and Luke yesterday because they aren't home. I think Matthew will finally be able to keep up with his older brothers and all three of them will have a blast together. Thanks again Liz and Kurt for showing them such a great time in Arizona and thank you Jen and Ryan for bringing them back to us!

We will let you know how the biopsy goes on Friday. Until then, please pray for good news from the biopsy and a smooth recovery after sedation. Thank you to everybody for your continued support!

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome that he's doing so well... It must be amazing to witness the change in him firsthand! We will most definitely be praying for you on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on such a wonderful milestone guys! I can't believe a month ago we weren't sure what would happen and here we read you are chasing him around the house. Miracles happen and you are so deserving! Keep up the progress lil one and we'll keep praying!
    The Whiting Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! Best wishes as your family reunites :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my boy!!!! Of course, he's sprinting. Would you expect less??? Sheesh.

    PS - HAWKS WIN! This town is upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love hearing all the good news! Gosh, what a blessing! Yall are fighters, and the strongest people we know. Lots of love and continued prayers your way. I wish I was there to drop a meal at your door. We love yall!

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great news!! i'm sure your house will be full of added noise and energy once josh and luke get home, and i know it's just what you want to hear. praying for good news for the biopsy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a miracle! You continue to be in our prayers. This post totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete