Dear Family and Friends,
In our continuing efforts to find a tolerable anesthetic agent for Matthew I feel a lot like the BP CEO this morning. We thought that we had found the perfect agent: Propofol, Laughing Gas, and Fentanyl (wiff) but as we speak Chrissy is currently involved in wrestling with a child who is caught up in some post anesthesia delirium. I can't wait for the next 24 hours to be over. What a bear! The moments of lucidity are almost comical. He just exclaimed, "I'm stuck." (He is because of all of his alligator rolls in bed).
Matthew just got out of his heart cath. It went well. His wedge pressures and PAP pressures looked good. They took several biopsies and we are anxiously awaiting to see if there is any rejection. This is likely the first of many biopsies so we are hopeful that we can find something that works for Matthew. I wish he had come with an on and off switch.
If things look good, I would assume that they would be sending us home soon. We will keep you posted. . . looks like I need to go and tap Chrissy out of the ring.